We are currently looking for a CNC Operator for a client of ours which specialize in rubberr and plastic engineering to use computer numerically controlled CNC machinery safely and accurately. Software they operate incudes Solidcam/Solidworks, Siemens 828D, Fanuc, Heinenhain TNC 2500 and Anilam. Experience of working with plastic is preferable but not essential.
They require a high quality individual with basic engineering experience and a basic understanding of some programming. On the job training and off site training can be provided for the right applicant who we can work and train on the software packages listed above. This is an excellent opportunity to develop new skills.
This individual needs to be able to work with concentration and precision in a production based environment. A keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude are also essential. Our goal is to safely produce high quality parts and materials in an efficient manner.
· Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling and profiling with the software we have on site.
· Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations at all times.
· Understand specifications read and interpret mechanical drawings.
· Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function.
· Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines.
· Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications.
· Set machines to complete full cycles to machine large or small number of parts.
· (Buddy system) Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly.
· Document next actions by completing production paperwork clearly and accurately to demonstrate what was done to complete the parts.
· Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
· Proven experience as CNC operator/Qualifications.
· Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
· Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM.
· Mechanical aptitude and good math skills.
· A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach.
· Good communication abilities.
· Standard hours are 7am to 4pm or 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday
· 2 x 10minutes breaks and 30 minutes for dinner
· 13 week temp to permanent contract
· Rate depending on skills and experience.